Works for Director of Programs and Operations
Volunteer position, average of 16 hours per month
We have made it our mission to utilize long-lasting and innovative solutions to make dirty water clean. But long-lasting and innovative solutions take work. We seek to constantly revise, refine, and improve our technologies to better serve our recipient families. This intern will help coordinate the work being done by volunteers and local companies to improve our designs, simplify assembly, and streamline ordering and material donations. They will also review and revise technical documents and manuals, research standards and requirements, and provide ideas and input on improvements.
Ideal candidates will be pursuing education in engineering, design, or manufacturing. You will enjoy this position if you like hands-on opportunities to build, implement new ideas, explore best practices, and coordinate people and projects.
Tasks and Assignments
- • Gain a working knowledge of the WASH sector and commonly used interventions
- • Gain a working knowledge of our existing technologies, their functions, benefits, and shortcomings
- • Coordinate with volunteers and companies that are currently exploring technology improvements
- • Coordinate with volunteers and companies that are interested in helping us secure discounts or in-kind donations of materials
- • Review and improve training materials, assembly manuals and technical guidance documents
Skills and Abilities
- • Engineering, design and/or manufacturing skills or interest
- • Project management, communication and coordination skills
- • Basic computer skills: email, internet browsing, documents, spreadsheets
- • Ability to keep several projects organized
- • Ability to encourage people to collaborate and share resources
Opportunities and Benefits
- • Make great connections with engineering, design and manufacturing firms
- • Provide subject-matter leadership and expertise
- • Meet other volunteer leaders, humanitarians, and professionals
- • Learn new strategies, skills and methods
- • Learn about the global water crisis
- • Make dirty water clean for the most vulnerable
Send an email to email@example.com and we’ll start the conversation.