With 2017 fast approaching, we need your help to continue our work in regions where – through the support of advocates like you – we’ve reached over 88,000 people in Rwandan communities. We’ve brought clean water resources to areas where we also follow up with filter maintenance and education.
But we aren’t stopping there.
In January 2017, we’re bringing these much needed resources to two new sectors of Rwanda, Rilima and Gashora, where we plan to reach 58,500 more people. We’re also returning to Gahanga to deliver even more filters to places like the Gahanga Home for Abandoned Children.
This expansion comes at a price: we need to raise a total of $757,000. We have raised $104,000 towards this new plan, but we are $35,000 behind we need to be this December.
The good that your gift enables:
– We continue to provide monitoring, evaluation and volunteer support to our previous 5 sectors. We never stop working in one area – we expand to new ones.
– The new sectors are about 3 hours away from our headquarters, meaning we needed to hire 2 new staff, rent a warehouse and increase our travel budget significantly.
– In 2016, we started surveying filter recipients and gathering health research at local clinics. In 2017, we’ll expand this work into more sectors and perform surveys more often.
– We are increasing our health and hygiene education components with new community hygiene groups.
– We are testing out a new technology where locals can produce their own chlorine to kill off viruses in the water.
Your gift is what helps bring clean water to the most vulnerable communities in Rwanda. We couldn’t do this without you.